Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Reckless by S.C. Stephens



Read March 5-6, 2013.

The final installment of Kellan and Kiera's fiery, passionate love story.

Reckless by S.C. Stephens

GoodReads Synopsis:

Can love survive when life gets Reckless?

When the band hits it big, Kiera and Kellan must ask themselves: Can their love for each other survive the constant pressures of superstardom? The friendships they've formed, the new family they've found, and the history they've forged will all play a part in helping them navigate the turbulent waters of the band's exploding popularity. A greedy executive hell-bent on success, a declining pop star looking for an edge, and a media circus that twists lies into truths are just some of the obstacles the lovers will have to overcome if they are going to remain together. Fame comes with a price-but will it cost Kiera and Kellan everything?



Warning: Do not read if you have not read Thoughtless or Effortless.






My Kellan Kyle:




My Kiera Allen Kyle:


I’m sitting here contemplating what I want to say, and it’s proving to be difficult. I’m not sure I can put into words how breathtakingly happy the final chapter in Kellan and Kiera’s story was. My heart is so freaking full of rainbows and butterflies and guitars, but it’s breaking at the same time as we come to an end in this incredible journey that S.C. Stephens took us on.



Reckless begins right after Kellan and Kiera’s spiritual “wedding” at Pete’s. In their hearts they are 100% in a committed marriage, although it’s they’ve not legally wed. Kellan intends to marry Kiera legally, but for now, this is enough.



Kellan and the D-Bags are headed to L.A. to work on and promote their first album. While there, a famous pop star, Sienna “slutface” (okay, that’s MY nickname for the wench) Sexton wants to collaborate with the D-Bags in an effort to jumpstart their careers.



The song becomes and instant hit, and soon the media/record label are making it appear as though they’re the next big Hollywood couple, so much so that they get a cringe-worthy combining name that’s worse than Brangelina or Bennifer. No matter how much Kellan protests, the media and the crazy fans believe what they want.



Regardless of the media story, Kiera is by her man every step of the way. Kiera really surprised me in this book. She annoyed the hell out of me in the first two books, but she really stepped up to be the loving, trusting, supportive fiancé that Kellan deserved and desperately needed to help navigate through the waters of his newfound fame.
I will always love you, Kellan. You heart is safe with me.



Kellan…who doesn’t love Kellan Kyle?! His love and devotion for Kiera shone throughout this entire book. He's torn between wanting to do the best for band, but also making sure that he doesn't jeopardize his relationship with Kiera. He'd gladly give up the fame for her, but he doesn't want to disappointed Matt, Evan, and Griffin. Kiera steps up and helps push him in the right direction, and it's incredible to see how much she's changed. In a certain music video scene, my heart absolutely broke for him, but it was so incredible that Kiera was able to walk with him every step of the way without resorting to her crazy jealousy tendencies.

I was remembering all of the reasons why I love you so much. I was appreciating everything you do, and everything you are. I was falling in love with you, all over again.

Anna and Griffin were such fantastic, hilarious supporting characters. I would love a book just based on them. They helped make even the worst situations into light-hearted messes that just made you laugh. Watching them fall for each other was an added bonus.

We get a bit of Denny, as well, and it's heartwarming to see how the relationship between the three of them, along with Abby, has survived and continues to thrive. It's amazing how far they have come since the days of Thoughtless.

Reckless was exactly the ending that Kellan and Kiera deserved. S.C. Stephens did an incredible job showing the development and growth between both characters. I felt nothing but love, trust, and support between these two. They didn’t falter once even though it seemed that all the outside forces wanted to rip them apart. They clung to each other with every breath, every heartbeat, every step of the way. Everyone moment in Thoughtless and Effortless led us to this end. And I wouldn’t have had it any other way.

You’ll never know how incredible you are to me, how desperately I love you. I would do it all over again if I needed to. I’d go back to the beginning for you.




No comments:

Post a Comment